This morning recap of COVID-19 information from New Mexico is offered in a free electronic mail each weekday. Join right here.
- The state of New Mexico reported 247 new instances of COVID-19 on Tuesday, and 11 further deaths associated to the illness. The variety of these hospitalized for COVID-19 rose to 199. The state reported 2,710,151 check cumulative check outcomes as of Tuesday, a rise of 10,359 over Monday’s whole.
- Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham spoke to The Washington Publish in a stay webcast in regards to the state’s COVID-19 aid and vaccination efforts. She additionally mentioned the state’s masks mandate will stay in place.
- Suppliers have administered 603,463 doses from the doses offered to the state from the federal authorities, as of Tuesday. This was 386,424 first doses and 217,093 second doses. Within the earlier seven days, the state had administered 85,844 doses. This doesn’t embody doses administered instantly the federal authorities Indian Well being Companies, the Veterans Administration or the Bureau of Prisons.
- New Mexico might start administering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on Wednesday, the Santa Fe New Mexican reported.
- New Mexico’s Division of Well being Secretary and Human Companies Division Secretary will maintain a webinar replace on COVID-19 on Wednesday at 1 p.m. Will probably be streamed at the HSD Fb web page.
- Legislative Council Companies introduced one other COVID-19 case on the Roundhouse. Two different individuals had been in quarantine due to contact tracing, the Albuquerque Journal reported.
- To this point, greater than 8,000 educators within the state have obtained the COVID-19 vaccine, KOB-TV reported. Whereas educators should not eligible for being educators, those that are both over the age of 75 or who’ve a qualifying situation can nonetheless get a vaccine.
- A big enhance in instances in Eddy County final week was on account of a supplier within the county changing all of their information to the state’s system, the Carlsbad Present-Argus reported.
- The Los Lunas college board voted to maneuver into in-person studying, KRQE-TV reported.
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott introduced that he would rescind that state’s masks mandate and capability limits, even because the variety of COVID-19 associated deaths and different metrics within the state stay excessive, The Texas Tribune reported.
- A VFW in Clovis is internet hosting a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Wednesday, The Jap New Mexico Information reported.
- A detention officer filed a lawsuit towards Doña Ana County for the county’s mandate that each one workers get the COVID-19 vaccine, KRQE-TV reported.
- There was very low flu exercise in New Mexico within the 2020-2021 flu seasons, which the state Division of Well being attributed to COVID-19-safe practices and elevated flu vaccine utilization, the Alamogordo Every day Information reported.
- The UNM girls’s basketball crew will play at The Pit later this week, the primary house video games for the crew in a yr due to COVID-19 restrictions the Every day Lobo reported.