This morning recap of COVID-19 information from New Mexico is obtainable in a free e-mail each weekday. Enroll right here.
- The state Division of Well being reported 314 new circumstances of COVID-19 and 9 extra deaths associated to the illness on Tuesday.
- The state of New Mexico has exceeded the 500,000 mark in relation to administering doses of COVID-19 vaccination, the state’s Division of Well being introduced on Tuesday.
“New Mexicans may be proud: because of a first-in-the-nation registration system and a devoted community of well being care suppliers and volunteers throughout our state, we’re vaccinating our inhabitants terribly shortly,” DOH Secretary Dr. Tracie Collins mentioned in a press release. “We’re doing so as a result of we acknowledge the toll this virus has taken – greater than half 1,000,000 American lives, together with greater than 3,600 New Mexicans. We search to maneuver New Mexico past this pandemic as quickly as attainable.”
- Drug producers mentioned they anticipated to have roughly double the present variety of accessible vaccines April—not together with the potential of extra vaccines from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that would obtain an emergency use authorization from the U.S. Meals and Drug Administration quickly—Politico reported
- In all, the DOH has reported administering 506,384 doses as of Tuesday, together with 331,496 first doses and 174,888 second doses. The tempo of vaccinations fell off, and is at 55,070 within the final seven days.
- On Tuesday, Navajo Nation well being officers reported 20 new circumstances of COVID-19 and 7 extra deaths associated to the illness.
- A significant limiting issue, the Las Cruces Solar-Information wrote, is the shortage of provide.
- KUNM-FM lined an app to offer distant habit assist throughout bodily isolation throughout COVID-19.
- A instructor who bought a vaccine regardless of not being within the present vaccination eligibility section as a result of the instructor was probably on a ready checklist for vaccines that will have expired, DOH advised KRQE-TV.
- Colleges within the Mora Unbiased Faculty District and Pecos Unbiased Faculty District returned to in-person studying way of the hybrid mannequin, the Las Vegas Optic reported.
- The mayor of Mountainair criticized the state’s county--county COVID-19 reopening plans, KRQE-TV reported.
- Some music academics need the state to permit in-person band apply to be allowed, KOB-TV reported.
- KOB-TV reported on a research that seems to point out that the unfold of COVID-19 to academics is essentially from teacher-to-teacher, not unfold from college students.
- A brand new turf grass “championship” subject could possibly be the house of New Mexico United house video games this yr if they aren’t allowed to have followers attend, the Albuquerque Journal reported.