Details, not concern: We’re monitoring the most recent numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in San Antonio and throughout Texas.
SAN ANTONIO — We’re monitoring the most recent numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in San Antonio and throughout Texas. Listed below are the most recent numbers reported Bexar and surrounding counties:
- Bexar County: On Saturday, 482 new circumstances have been reported, bringing the full variety of circumstances to 195,719. No new deaths have been reported, so the native loss of life toll stays at 2,520.
- Hays County: On Friday, officers reported 46 new circumstances within the county and one further COVID-related fatality. There may be now a complete of 16,270 lab-confirmed native circumstances, whereas the loss of life toll elevated to 213. Officers estimate 15,577 residents have recovered, whereas 480 are nonetheless sick with the virus on this date.
- Comal County: Officers reported 49 new circumstances and eight further COVID-related fatalities on Friday. As of Friday, 9,083 whole COVID-19 circumstances have been reported, together with 4,773 confirmed and 4,291 possible circumstances, whereas 292 county residents have died as a result of COVID-19 problems.
Extra county case data is out there way of the Texas Division of Well being Companies COVID-19 dashboard.
How Bexar County is trending
We have tracked what number of coronavirus circumstances have been confirmed in Bexar County from the time officers started reporting circumstances in March 2020. The graphic beneath exhibits the variety of circumstances since June and charts these every day case numbers alongside a 7-day shifting common to supply a extra correct image of the general coronavirus case curve in our space and the path we’re trending amid the pandemic.
On Saturday, Metro Well being up to date its on-line coronavirus-tracking dashboards to mirror a further 482 circumstances in Bexar County; in all, 195,719 county residents have been recognized within the pandemic.
In the meantime, the native loss of life toll from virus problems stays at 2,520 after no new fatalities have been reported well being authorities.
Hospitalizations proceed their downward pattern, reducing six general to a complete of 455 as of Saturday for Bexar County. Since Tuesday, hospitalizations have fallen 20% in our space.
Of these 455 sufferers, 186 are in intensive care and 109 are on ventilators; each of these numbers are up from Friday, regardless of the general lower in hospitalizations.
Coronavirus in Texas
The overall variety of novel coronavirus circumstances within the state because the pandemic started grew 11,093 on Saturday, in line with the Texas Division of State Well being Companies. That whole consists of 5,687 new confirmed circumstances, 2,416 new possible circumstances, and a backlog of two,990. Extra particulars might be discovered on this web page.
Saturday’s figures convey the full variety of Texans recognized with COVID-19 to greater than 2.64 million.
In the meantime, state well being authorities reported a further 164 deaths from coronavirus problems in Texas. In all, 42,739 Texans have died from COVID-19.
Texas hospitalizations continued to fall on Saturday, the general determine reducing 273 within the final day to five,912 COVID-19 sufferers receiving remedy for his or her signs within the state. Hospitalizations within the state peaked on January 11, when 14,218 have been in search of COVID-19 remedy. That quantity has diminished greater than 58% over the previous 47 days.
The state, in the meantime, estimates that about 2.417 million Texans have recovered, whereas 161,316 Texans stay sick with COVID-19.
The most recent replace from the Texas Schooling Company confirmed that there have been not less than 184,372 cumulative circumstances amongst workers and college students on Texas public faculty campuses way of Feb. 21. That quantity contains 119,810 optimistic scholar circumstances and 64,562 workers circumstances. Extra data might be discovered right here.
The TEA usually releases new knowledge on faculty circumstances on Fridays.
Newest Coronavirus Headlines
The signs of coronavirus might be just like the flu or a foul chilly. Signs embrace fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or issue respiration, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or odor sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, in line with the Facilities for Illness Management.
Most wholesome folks could have delicate signs. A research of greater than 72,000 sufferers the Facilities for Illness Management in China confirmed 80 p.c of the circumstances there have been delicate.
However infections could cause pneumonia, extreme acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even loss of life, in line with the World Well being Group. Older folks with underlying well being situations are most in danger.
Consultants decided there was constant proof these situations improve an individual’s danger, no matter age:
- Continual kidney illness
- COPD (persistent obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Weight problems (BMI of 30 or increased)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from strong organ transplant
- Critical coronary heart situations, similar to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell illness
- Kind 2 diabetes
The CDC believes signs might seem anyplace from two to 14 days after being uncovered.
Human coronaviruses are normally unfold…
- Between people who find themselves in shut contact with each other (inside about 6 toes).
- By respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated particular person coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land within the mouths or noses of people who find themselves close or probably be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some current research have urged that COVID-19 could also be unfold people who find themselves not exhibiting signs.
Assist cease the unfold of coronavirus
- Keep residence when you’re sick.
- Eat and sleep individually from your loved ones members
- Use completely different utensils and dishes
- Cowl your cough or sneeze together with your arm, not your hand.
- When you use a tissue, throw it within the trash.
Discover a Testing Location
Metropolis officers suggest getting a COVID-19 check in the event you expertise fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or issue respiration, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or odor, sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
San Antonio operates a number of no-cost testing places, together with two walk-up places open Monday-Sunday from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m.:
Cuellar Neighborhood Heart
5626 San Fernando St.
San Antonio, TX 78237
Ramirez Neighborhood Heart
1011 Gillette Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78224
Moreover, Freeman Coliseum provides drive-through no-cost testing from Monday way of Sunday between 9 a.m. and Four p.m. An appointment is required and might be made both on-line or calling (833) 213-0643.
This is a Testing Websites Locator that can assist you discover the testing location closest to you in San Antonio.