“With vaccines rolling out, our newest shopper analysis reveals COVID-19 concern ranges could lastly be waning, with present concern at 7.5 out of 10 — the bottom degree reported since early March 2020. Even nonetheless, shoppers notice there’s a lengthy highway forward. Thirty-five p.c of customers assume ‘regular’ is greater than a yr away,” stated Colin Stewart, Government Vice President, Enterprise Intelligence at Acosta. “What’s extra, many behaviors developed in the course of the pandemic will likely be right here to remain. Publish-COVID-19, 75% of shoppers plan to stay with no less than a few of their new habits.”
Grocery Procuring In the course of the COVID-19 Pandemic offers insights on the evolution of shopper conduct and outlook amid the pandemic, together with:
Procuring and Consuming Conduct Modifications Brought on the Pandemic
- Shopper behaviors shifted drastically in 2020:
- Sixty-five p.c of customers reported cooking extra at residence
- Fifty-three p.c of customers reported spending much less time in shops
- Fifty p.c of customers reported stocking up on meals/cleansing provides
- Forty-eight p.c of customers reported spending extra money per procuring journey
- Forty p.c of customers reported extra on-line procuring
Publish-Pandemic Procuring Outlook
- When requested about their procuring intentions post-COVID-19:
- Twenty-one p.c of customers reported they may return to their pre-pandemic habits
- Fifty-nine p.c of customers stated they may proceed with a few of their new habits
- Sixteen p.c of customers stated they may proceed with all or most of their new habits
- 4 p.c of customers aren’t certain what they may do
- Publish-pandemic, prime priorities for customers will likely be: product availability (60%), low costs (52%) and buyer security (42%).
Acosta’s analysis was gathered through on-line surveys utilizing the corporate’s proprietary shopper neighborhood between December 30, 2020 and January 4, 2021. Acosta additionally launched a 10-part COVID-19 shopper insights sequence in 2020, protecting the evolution of shopper conduct and outlook amid the pandemic.
Acosta is an built-in gross sales and advertising and marketing providers supplier that allows shopper packaged items manufacturers and retailers to win within the trendy market delivering progressive options and distinctive service. With greater than 90 years of expertise, Acosta understands evolving shopper wants and helps its shoppers and clients keep a step forward, fueling their accelerated efficiency. For extra data, please go to www.acosta.com.