Governor Lamont Implements New Pointers for Connecticut’s COVID-19 Journey Advisory
Revised Order Applies to All Home and Worldwide Areas Exterior of Connecticut, Apart from the Neighboring States of New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont as we speak introduced that he has signed an government order revising the rules for the journey advisory he enacted earlier this 12 months in Connecticut amid the continued COVID-19 pandemic with a view to streamline its operations and align with not too long ago modified steering on the virus from the usCenter for Illness Management and Prevention.
Efficient at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, December 19, 2020, the revised Connecticut COVID-19 Journey Advisory will:
- Apply to all vacationers – each overseas and home – getting into Connecticut from any location, apart from the neighboring states of New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island; and
- Require all affected vacationers to finish the Connecticut Journey Well being Kind (obtainable at ct.gov/travelform) and self-quarantine for a interval of 10 days or till a unfavorable COVID-19 take a look at end result.
There might be three exemptions from the requirement to self-quarantine:
- Testing different exemption: Relevant to any affected traveler who has had a unfavorable take a look at for COVID-19 within the 72 hours previous to their arrival in Connecticut, or subsequent to their arrival in Connecticut, and had submitted such unfavorable take a look at end result to the commissioner of the Division of Public Well being. This may be both a PCR take a look at or a fast antigen take a look at.
- Important employee exemption: Relevant to important staff touring for work-related functions.
- Examined constructive for COVID-19 exemption: Relevant to an affected traveler who has examined constructive for COVID-19 inside 90 days previous to his or her arrival in Connecticut and has clinically recovered, or has not been symptomatic for a interval of 10 days since symptom onset or such constructive take a look at if not symptomatic, and has submitted such take a look at end result to the commissioner of the Division of Public Well being.
“Given the present excessive charges of COVID-19 all through the USA and internationally, Connecticut continues to strongly discourage all nonessential, interstate journey presently because the dangers are too extreme,” Governor Lamont mentioned. “Guests to Connecticut and residents getting back from any location past the fast area – together with New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island – ought to self-quarantine for a interval of 10 days with a view to cut back the chance of any additional unfold of this virus.”
For additional info on the Connecticut COVID-19 Journey Advisory, together with an intensive checklist of continuously requested questions (FAQ), go to ct.gov/Coronavirus/journey.