Details, not worry: We’re monitoring the most recent numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in San Antonio and throughout Texas.
SAN ANTONIO — We’re monitoring the most recent numbers from the coronavirus pandemic in San Antonio and throughout Texas. Listed below are the most recent numbers reported Bexar and surrounding counties:
- Bexar County: On Sunday, 318 new instances and a backlog of 491 instances have been reported, bringing the overall variety of instances to 196,528. No new deaths have been reported, however 150 older deaths have been added to the county’s rely, bringing the native demise toll from virus problems to 2,670.
- Hays County: On Friday, officers reported 46 new instances within the county and one further COVID-related fatality. There’s now a complete of 16,270 lab-confirmed native instances, whereas the demise toll elevated to 213. Officers estimate 15,577 residents have recovered, whereas 480 are nonetheless ailing with the virus on this date.
- Comal County: Officers reported 49 new instances and eight further COVID-related fatalities on Friday. As of Friday, 9,083 complete COVID-19 instances have been reported, together with 4,773 confirmed and 4,291 possible instances, whereas 292 county residents have died because of COVID-19 problems.
Extra county case data is offered the Texas Division of Well being Companies COVID-19 dashboard.
How Bexar County is trending
We have tracked what number of coronavirus instances have been confirmed in Bexar County from the time officers started reporting instances in March 2020. The graphic under exhibits the variety of instances since June and charts these day day case numbers alongside a 7-day transferring common to offer a extra correct image of the general coronavirus case curve in our space and the route we’re trending amid the pandemic.
On Sunday, Metro Well being up to date its on-line coronavirus-tracking dashboards to replicate 318 new instances in Bexar County and a backlog of 491; in all, 196,528 county residents have been recognized within the pandemic.
150 older deaths have been reported, bringing the native demise toll from virus problems to 2,670. No new fatalities have been reported well being authorities.
Hospitalizations proceed their downward pattern, reducing eight general to a complete of 447 as of Sunday for Bexar County. Since Tuesday, hospitalizations have fallen over 20% in our space.
Of these 447 sufferers, 195 are in intensive care and 111 are on ventilators; each of these numbers are up from Saturday, regardless of the general lower in hospitalizations.
Coronavirus in Texas
The whole variety of novel coronavirus instances within the state because the pandemic started grew 11,093 on Sunday, in response to the Texas Division of State Well being Companies. That complete consists of 2,921 new confirmed instances, 715 new possible instances, and a backlog of 179. Extra particulars might be discovered on this web page.
Sunday’s figures convey the overall variety of Texans recognized with COVID-19 to greater than 2.64 million.
In the meantime, state well being authorities reported a further 197 deaths from coronavirus problems in Texas. In all, 42,936 Texans have died from COVID-19.
Texas hospitalizations continued to fall on Sunday, the general determine reducing 216 within the final day to five,696 COVID-19 sufferers receiving remedy for his or her signs within the state. Hospitalizations within the state peaked on January 11, when 14,218 have been looking for COVID-19 remedy. That quantity has diminished nearly 60% over the previous 48 days.
The state, in the meantime, estimates that about 2.422 million Texans have recovered, whereas 160,268 Texans stay ailing with COVID-19.
The newest replace from the Texas Training Company confirmed that there have been no less than 184,372 cumulative instances amongst employees and college students on Texas public college campuses Feb. 21. That quantity contains 119,810 optimistic scholar instances and 64,562 employees instances. Extra data might be discovered right here.
The TEA sometimes releases new information on college instances on Fridays.
Newest Coronavirus Headlines
The signs of coronavirus might be just like the flu or a foul chilly. Signs embrace fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or issue respiration, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or scent sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea, in response to the Facilities for Illness Management.
Most wholesome folks could have delicate signs. A research of greater than 72,000 sufferers the Facilities for Illness Management in China confirmed 80 % of the instances there have been delicate.
However infections could cause pneumonia, extreme acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even demise, in response to the World Well being Group. Older folks with underlying well being situations are most in danger.
Specialists decided there was constant proof these situations improve an individual’s threat, no matter age:
- Continual kidney illness
- COPD (persistent obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Weight problems (BMI of 30 or increased)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from strong organ transplant
- Severe coronary heart situations, equivalent to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell illness
- Kind 2 diabetes
The CDC believes signs might seem anyplace from two to 14 days after being uncovered.
Human coronaviruses are normally unfold…
- Between people who find themselves in shut contact with each other (inside about 6 ft).
- Via respiratory droplets produced when an contaminated particular person coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land within the mouths or noses of people who find themselves close or probably be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some current research have prompt that COVID-19 could also be unfold people who find themselves not exhibiting signs.
Assist cease the unfold of coronavirus
- Keep house when you find yourself sick.
- Eat and sleep individually from your loved ones members
- Use totally different utensils and dishes
- Cowl your cough or sneeze together with your arm, not your hand.
- Should you use a tissue, throw it within the trash.
Discover a Testing Location
Metropolis officers suggest getting a COVID-19 take a look at if you happen to expertise fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or issue respiration, fatigue, muscle or physique aches, headache, new lack of style or scent, sore throat, congestion or runny nostril, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
San Antonio operates a number of no-cost testing areas, together with two walk-up areas open Monday-Sunday from 10 a.m. till 2 p.m.:
Cuellar Group Middle
5626 San Fernando St.
San Antonio, TX 78237
Ramirez Group Middle
1011 Gillette Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78224
Moreover, Freeman Coliseum presents drive-through no-cost testing from Monday Sunday between 9 a.m. and Four p.m. An appointment is required and might be made both on-line or calling (833) 213-0643.
Here is a Testing Websites Locator that will help you discover the testing location closest to you in San Antonio.